Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Fund Office lobby is temporarily closed. You can still contact us by phone at 877-284-2320 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Message From the Trustees
The Trustees of the Funds are committed to supporting you and your loved ones during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) health emergency.
Please check this website often for updates. In the meantime, we urge you to follow the safety protocols for your location.
Questions About Your Benefits?
Although the Fund Office lobby and Union Local Offices are temporarily closed during this period of reduced social contact, Fund Office staff and Union Local benefit staff are available to answer your questions and hear your concerns. To contact the Fund Office, email them at email@example.com, or call 877-284-2320. Please ensure your name and social security number or date of birth are included for identification.
For the most current COVID-19 vaccine information, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is your best source. Visit COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC.
The CA Department of Public Health has set up MyTurn where you can sign-up to know when you are eligible for the vaccine. Grocery store employees would select the Food and Agriculture group. It also allows you to sign-up and get a reminder/alert when you’re able to register.
Additional links for vaccine appointments:
You may also check with your doctor or below for local Southern California resources to help schedule your vaccine.
City of Pasadena Public Health Department
COVID-19 Vaccine – Public Health Department (cityofpasadena.net)
1845 N Fair Oaks Ave Pasadena, CA 91103-1620
Phone: (626) 744-6046
Imperial County Health Department
Kern County Health Department
Long Beach City Department of Health and Human Services
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
Orange County Health Care Agency
Riverside County Department of Health
San Bernardino County Department of Public Health
San Diego Department of Environmental Health
San Luis Obispo County Health Department
Santa Barbara County Public Health Department
Shasta County Public Health
Ventura County Health Department
Press Release 2/18/2021 “Contra Costa Extends COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility to Essential Workers”
There is no cost sharing (deductible, copays, coinsurance) for COVID-19 testing and the associated visit(s) via telehealth or to a doctor’s office, emergency room, urgent care, hospital, or other health care setting to evaluate whether you need to get tested. Note, however, that you can be balance billed by a non-PPO Provider for services other than the actual COVID-19 diagnostic test.
Treatment of COVID-19 will be covered subject to normal plan rules (deductible, copay, coinsurance, and/or other cost sharing). The HMO Plans have announced that they will waive cost sharing for COVID-19 testing and treatment through the following dates:
- Anthem: December 31, 2020
- Kaiser Permanente: December 31, 2020
Given the orders to Stay at Home and reduce social contact, telemedicine/telehealth service will give you access to a doctor at home 24/7. You will save substantial time and money by using telehealth instead of going to urgent care centers or the emergency room. You will also avoid coming into contact with other sick people.
The Fund has also added telehealth services for mental health counseling through HMC for Actives and non-Medicare Retirees in the Indemnity PPO Plan and the Anthem HMO.
If you’re feeling sick—or stressed—you can connect with a doctor via secure video chat on your smartphone, tablet, computer, or by phone.
Telehealth doctors can diagnose symptoms, recommend next steps, and prescribe medication if you need it (in most states). You will pay no more for a telehealth visit than you would for any other in-network office visit covered by your plan (deductible, copay, and/or other cost sharing may apply).
Indemnity PPO Plan participants who see a doctor via Anthem’s LiveHealth Online to evaluate whether COVID-19 testing is needed should keep a copy of the doctor’s note for that visit. Submit the doctor’s note to the Fund Office to get reimbursed for your copay/coinsurance.
Click HERE to connect with an HMC doctor.
To help ensure you don’t run out of the medications you take on an ongoing basis during Stay at Home, OptumRx has temporarily lifted the restriction on early refill policy for maintenance medications. Pharmacies are considered essential businesses and continue to operate during the COVID-19 outbreak. Call your pharmacy to get your refills.
If you have questions about your pharmacy benefits, visit OptumRx online or call 800-797-9791.
If you are an Active Participant and you lose eligibility for health coverage because you can’t work or you have had to reduce your hours as a result of the COVID-19 crisis, you may qualify for Extended Eligibility due to COVID-19. This Extended Eligibility is available only to Participants and/or their Dependents who do not qualify for ARP Premium Assistance (i.e., who do not qualify for Free COBRA).
To qualify for this Extended Eligibility, you must satisfy all three of the following:
(1) You and/or your Dependents requesting Extended Eligibility do not qualify for ARP Premium Assistance. You must provide the Fund Office with evidence that you do not qualify for the ARP Premium Assistance by completing the “Request for Treatment as an Assistance Eligibility Individual” form.
(2) You must collect Unemployment Insurance (“UI”) or State Disability Insurance (“SDI”) or, in some circumstances, Paid Family Leave; and
(3) your loss of eligibility must result from the COVID-19 crisis. Here are reasons that a loss of eligibility may be considered the result of the COVID-19 crisis for purposes of this extension. (i) you’re under a quarantine or isolation order; (ii) your health care provider has recommended you self-quarantine; (iii) you’re experiencing coronavirus symptoms and are seeking medical advice; (iv) you’re caring for someone who is quarantined; or (v) you’re caring for a child whose school or care facility is closed or whose childcare provider is unavailable because of coronavirus precautions.
Currently, this special Extended Eligibility Due to COVID-19 is available through the coverage month of August 2021 ( i.e., it provides benefit eligibility through August 31, 2021).
- To receive the benefits extension, you must provide the Fund Office with
- an Application for Reinstatement of Eligibility for Leave or Hours Reduction Related to COVID-19 (click here);
- a completed “Request for Treatment as an Assistance Eligible Individual” to establish that the family members who are applying for Extended Eligibility do not qualify for ARP Premium Assistance.
- a copy of the approval letter, showing that you have been approved for UI or SDI (or Paid Family Leave). If your approval letter does not state that the reason for approval is due to COVID-19, you will need to provide additional supporting documentation to establish that your loss of eligibility was caused by one of the COVID-19 related reasons described above; and,
- contributions to premium, paid directly to the Fund office, since they are not being deducted from your paycheck:
- By credit or debit card: call 877-284-2320, ext. 422
- By mailing a personal check to: UFCW Trust Fund, P.O. Box 6010, Cypress, CA 90630-0010
We recommend you contact the Fund Office if you have questions regarding eligibility status. You can submit an Unemployment Insurance or SDI approval letter at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 877-284-2320, extension 422.
If you are healthy and have had no exposure to COVID-19, Contributing Employers from our industry are hiring!
Effective immediately, temporarily through at least August 31, 2021, Retirees returning to work will continue to receive full pension benefits while working for a Contributing Employer, no matter how many hours are worked, during this time of need. Please check this website for extension beyond August 31, 2021, or contact the Fund Office.
For retirees who are currently enrolled in a retiree health and welfare plan, you will be provided with a comparable level of benefits in the active plan if you work sufficient hours to qualify for active coverage during the same time period.
Please note the following temporary procedures for your pension benefits, PPV, and pension applications:
- Monthly Pension Benefits will continue to be deposited on the first business day of each month; checks will be mailed two days prior. Pension checks may not be picked up at the Fund Office.
- PPVs will not require a notary or witness signature for 2021. For your added convenience, you can now email your form to email@example.com.
- Retiree Health & Welfare Premium Payments
While our offices are closed, you have two payment options, if premiums are not being withheld from your pension benefit:
- Credit or debit card: Call 877-284-2320, ext. 434
- Mail a personal check to: UFCW Trust Fund, P.O. Box 6010, Cypress, CA 90630-0010
- Pension Applications and Consent to Reject Joint & Survivor Benefit forms must be notarized. As a notary may not be available during the COVID-19 outbreak, you may secure a date of retirement by submitting the application via mail, email, or fax prior to the desired month of retirement without notarization; however, you will need to provide notarization before the Fund can issue any retirement benefits.
The deadline to complete HRA activities for funding in 2021 has been extended to September 30; this will be the last extension…! Please visit scufcwfunds.com/wellness/incentives/ for program details.
*HRA activities apply to Active PPO Plan Participants only
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is your best source for the latest updates on COVID-19. Visit cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
Medical Telehealth Services
Use the information below to contact your medical carrier directly for service.
Indemnity PPO Active and Non-Medicare Retired Participants
Indemnity PPO Medicare Participants (Retirees)
Check with your doctor for their virtual visit capabilities. See Medicare Telehealth for more info.
HMO Active and Non-Medicare Retired Participants
Medicare Participants (Retirees)
Mental/Behavioral Telehealth Services
For personalized support, use the information below to contact your plan directly.
HMO Active and Non-Medicare Retired Participants
Anthem Blue Cross HMO (services provided by HMC)
Company Username: SCUFCW
PPO Indemnity Active and Non-Medicare Retired Participants
Company Username: SCUFCW
PPO Indemnity Medicare Participants
Company Username: SCUFCW